Great Savings For Any Age
It is important to build good money habits from an early age. According to a recent survey, 80% of teens say that learning about money is one of their top priorities. To encourage savings, we offer no minimum balance and no monthly fee for members 23 and under.
- Great place to stash birthday or holiday money, allowance, or pay from a part time job
- No minimum to earn interest
- Parents can transfer money into Youth Savings online or from mobile device
- Youth CD and Teen Checking also available
- Kids can view their balance online/mobile
Kids earn big returns when they open a Youth CD. With a $50 minimum/$500 maximum, this is a perfect introduction to long term savings.
- 4.00% APY (3.94%APR)
- Limit one per youth
- 12 month term
- For members 18 years and younger
Kids receive a sticker card in the mail during their birth month. Each time a deposit is made, a new sticker is placed on the card. When the card is full, kids receive a $5 bonus deposit into their savings. A happy birthday, indeed!
Each year, AAC Credit Union grants one $1500 Academic Scholarship to a graduating high school student. One component of the contest is a written or video essay telling us how we could better serve you, the future of banking. Applications due by April 24, 2020. Eligibility requirements:
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have a 2.50 Grade Point Average or higher
- Must complete and return application and supporting material by April 19, 2019
- Must be a member of AAC for at least one year prior to application date
- Must be enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited college or university
BIZ KID$ TV SHOW
Biz Kid$ is a fun, fast paced TV series where kids teach kids about money and entrepreneurship. Kids learn about saving, budgeting, investing and giving back to the community. Check with your local PBS channel for days and times.
Visit BizKid$ website for more great information.Go to main navigation